I don’t doubt the Washington Post article about Mr. Obama being the most polarizing President in sixty years to be true. Merely stating it as a fact from polling data fails to tell the whole story—fails to answer the fundamental question Why?
- If you call someone a bogeyman long enough—then people will begin to believe it. Name your critics be it Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, Mark Levine, Rush Limbaugh, from the first day of the Obama Presidency they have painted him as un-American, promoting a socialists agenda. Despite being blatantly false—it soon becomes true and no amount of rational facts will change people’s minds.
- The birth certificate was he really an American and eligible to be President. Despite providing copies of the Birth Certificate there are those who still doubt he has the right to be President.There are those who are convinced he is going to take away our guns; since the only law introduced is by an obscure former Black Panther Bobby Rush and it has yet to make it out of committee, and it is not likely it every will. Of course this is going to happen despite two Supreme Court cases upholding the right of the people to keep and bear arms and the facts that America has more guns per capita than anyplace in the world. (I am doing my part I have more than ten.
- A subcategory of this are the ones who call him by his middle name Hussein; attempting to make Americans believe he is a Muslim.
- Health care. While it was passed while he was President, he signed it, and we call it Obama care; the reality is the legislation is very different than what he wanted. This bill is really Nancy Pelosi and not Obama.
- The Tea Party—enough said.
- But the real reason he is polarizing because there are too many Americans who cannot accept the idea that Black man can and is be President of the United States.